Intruder Deterrent and Detector
Not only is it legal, it’s also the safest perimeter deterrent out there a quick Google search will find you horror stories about kids and pets sustaining horrific injuries climbing fences with razor wire. With electro-fence the only thing that will be injured is the trespasser’s pride. And in an era where there are plenty out there willing to turn to litigation, that’s worth considering.
Wires are 95mm apart and are attached to steel galvanized posts spaced approximately 3 metres apart.
- A 3.0m high system has 32 wires
- A 2.4m high system has 25 wires
- A 1.0m high system has 11 wires
All posts are hot dip galvanized to BS EN ISO 1461. The corner and straining posts are dimensioned at 5 x 25 x 25mm and intermediate posts at 2 x 25 x 25mm. Use of the different post lengths ensures that there is a minimum of 600mm Electro-Fence protruding above any existing fence.
High tensile steel ultra galvanized 2.5mm wire is used for all conductors and comes in coils of approximately 650m runs. The wire is tensioned to 20kg between end posts.
All high voltage cables are insulated galvanized steel wire with a U.V. resistant black polythene insulation.
Gates are normally the weakest point in a system can also be protected with Electro-Fence. The single leaf gate, up to a span of 4 meters, uses a single section. Both gates have a high voltage contact fitted which will activate the alarm on the gate being opened.
Warning signs are prominently displayed on all security fences at spacings not exceeding 10m. They should face to the outside and where access may be gained from the inside, on that side too. The mounting heights above ground level should be at 1.5m.
The intermediate insulators have been designed for minimum contact with the fence wires, keeping capacitive losses to an absolute minimum. They are fitted with a water barrier to prevent tracking. They are attached to the Electro-Fence post with a stainless steel split pin or alternatively with a blind pop rivet.
- Shock Monitoring – predetermined number of shocks will be administered to the intruder
- Voltage Monitoring – alarm generated if intruder attempts to reduce the voltage
- Cut Monitoring – intruders attempt to cut the wire then an alarm is generated
- Short Circuit Monitoring – short circuit to either live or earth wires an alarm is generated
- Low Voltage Monitoring – fence wires can still be monitored and alarms generated when High Voltage is switched off
- It safe and legal to use
- Intruder deterrent AND detector
- Can be attached to an existing perimeter fence or used as a stand-alone fence
- Physical presence presents a potent front-line deterrent
- Extremely effective deterrent
The EF13X series are security grade Electrical Energizers which can operate stand-alone or as part of a fully integrated, networked perimeter Security Solution.
Deployable as a stand-alone fence controller, which can be integrated to your alarm control panel, or as a fully networked system controlled and monitored by our Multisys Windows software suite. Easily configured by software or our hand-held programmer.
Multiple EF13X Energizers can be synchronized over RS-485 network connection controlled by a central Windows PC.
The EF13X Energizer generates alarms for a range of events and reports them to the Multisys hub. These include: Fence voltage drop, tamper, loss of network comms and back-up battery failure.