Acoustic Sensor Cable
Sensor cable you can trust
Our premium microphonic, acoustic, vibration sensing cable is the most sensitive and advanced on the market. Optimised for use in our Flexiguard series of warehouse and perimeter protection products the sensor cable can be used in many other applications.
- Passive, long length sensor
- Very tough, water resistant and flexible
- Temperature stability to 85°C
- Self-shielded coaxial construction
- High voltage response
- Low impedance per unit length
- Field repairable
- Simplified interconnections
- Perimeter intrusion detection
- Safety and security fencing
- Door edge / vehicle bumper switch
- Cable tampering detector
- Traffic classification / counting
- Weather sensing (rain & hail)
- Structural NDT, strain, vibration
- Underwater acoustics
- Patient mattress monitor
- Sports scoring & foul line detection
APS Acoustic Sensor Cable has a number of advantages in certain applications, including intrinsically safe environments. Due to its coaxial design, the cable is self-shielded, allowing its use in a high EMI environment. The sensor cable can also be spliced to passive coax, using standard coax splice techniques. It is extremely rugged and will stand up to heavy loads. Its linear format makes it ideal for monitoring large areas.
In the cable construction, two narrow ribbons of PVDF film are helically wound around the inner conductor, which comprises a 20 AWG stranded silver-plated copper wire, braided and jacketed with an extruded high-density polyethylene. Where additional security is required a stainless-steel jacket is available.
The cable is available in short lengths (in multiples of 1 m), full 600m drums or in single lengths to your requirements.
APS Acoustic Sensor Cable, the most sensitive on the market today. For more information please get in touch with us here.
Find out more
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Why not drop us a line or give us a call and our friendly team will do everything they can to assist.